Estate Planning Questionnaire
Thank you for your interest in having us complete your estate plan. This form will take about 20-30 minutes to complete. If you need a break or do not have some of the information handy, your answers may be saved at any time by clicking the link at the "save and continue later" link at the bottom of each page. All of these questions are intended to help build your estate plan through:
- Getting you thinking about some of the issues we will review. This saves time in our subsequent meeting and helps reduce your fees.
- Helping to give you a complete picture of your estate. This can show you if have the resources to carry out your estate plan.
- Helping your personal representatives (ie: executors) to locate your property. Personal Representatives can only administer the property they can find.
- Enabling us to suggest helpful alternatives to your proposed estate plan and to ensure that your will includes sufficient powers for your Personal Representatives to properly administer your estate.
- Identifying who should make financial and health decisions on your behalf and the limits that you will place on these abilities in the event that you are incapable of making these decisions.
Please complete all applicable sections of the Estate Planner in as much detail as possible. There will be 3 sections to fill out. Each deals with a separate document associated with your estate plan (Will, Personal Directive and Power of Attorney). When you have completed the planner, an email is sent to our office and either a lawyer or an assistant will follow up with you shortly after to schedule an appointment to discuss your answers. If you are unable to finish the Estate Planner prior to our scheduled appointment, please come to the meeting anyway and we will finish it then.
If you are unsure of an answer at this time you can skip those questions.
Finally, to alleviate any concerns that you might have, please be aware that the information collected in this Estate Planner is in accordance with the Alberta Personal Information Protection Act and the information collected will be used solely for the purposes of estate planning and will only be passed onto a relevant third party if express written consent is obtained from you.
We look forward to meeting with you,
The Estate Planning Team at Duncan Craig LLP